Wire plug connector is one of the most common auxiliary devices of electronic devices in people's life, and its safety is also the focus of people's attention. When manufacturers produce the equipment, they usually test its air tightness. If the air tightness of the wire plug connector is not good, it is easy to make the internal water erosion, leading to the risk of electric shock when people use it. However, the common air tightness testing can not meet the testing requirements of many kinds of wire plug connectors. The airtightness detection of various types of wire plug connectors has been studied by Harris technology, and has made great achievements.
This case sharing is about the air tightness test of wire plug connector, hoping to give you a reference.
1. Shape of wire plug connector
(1) The air tightness test is carried out on two kinds of common wire plug connectors on the market. Their plugs are irregular cuboids, and the head has two metal contacts. The shell material is anti leakage material, and there is no obvious gap at the joint with the connecting line, so the air tightness is good;
(2) Such a shape can not directly detect the air tightness of the wire plug connector, and the wire has contact with the connector, which is unfavorable to the detection;
2. Breakthrough of wire plug connector detection difficulties
(1) To test two types of wire plug connectors at the same time, Harris technology has a special two position tooling;
(2) For the special shape of the wire plug connector, we have customized a special mold, and made a special groove for the wire on the mold. When the wire plug connector is put into the mold, it is just clamped well, so that the upper and lower molds can be closed during the detection, which can effectively maintain the closure of the detection, When the tooling is filled with gas, it can keep the internal saturation state, which is beneficial to the detection;
3. Inspection process display and parameters of wire plug connector
(wire plug connector air tightness tester)
The air tightness tester is composed of tester, air source and test fixture. The equipment is small in size and can be customized with multiple machine positions, which is more convenient for the production line type air tightness detection. Air is used as the air source, which can prevent the invasion of substances with higher density than air. The intelligent monitoring system of Harris digitizes the detection results, and realizes the high-precision detection of the air tightness of wire plug connector.
Put two wire plug connectors into two tooling molds to connect with our instrument. There is a valve island, air tank and other parts inside the instrument and the program we set. After connecting, press the start button when testing the wire.
During the test, the instrument will inflate the mold. If the wire connector is not sealed and air leakage occurs, the leakage value in the instrument will be larger and larger, and the pressure value will drop. At this time, it can determine whether the wire connector leaks, and the instrument test results will also show ng, which means that the air tightness test does not pass. If the tested wire connector does not leak, the gas in the tooling die will be in a constant state after inflation, the pressure value and leakage value displayed on the instrument are also stable, and the test result of the instrument will display "OK", indicating that the air tightness test has passed.
(parameters of hiris HC classic series air tightness tester)
The copyright belongs to Harris technology. Reproduction and false original are prohibited. Any violation will be responsible for the consequences.